Graduate Account Executive (B2C)
WPR is one of the most award-winning PR and social media agencies in the UK right now. Committed to graduate-led recruitment, our MD, deputy MD, B2B director and two of our consumer account directors joined the team straight from university, and form a key part of our leadership team today.
We are looking to add another graduate account executive to our highly recommended, 50-strong team. The successful applicant will join our training programme and develop a wealth of skills in PR and social media marketing while working on award-winning campaigns.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about PR and/or social media, have outstanding written and verbal communications skills, and be a highly organised, creative team player. We are looking for exceptional graduates who can prove themselves to be energetic, dynamic, proactive, resilient, and keen to learn and grow within a fast-paced agency environment.
Our new team member will also reflect our core values: curiosity, passion, positivity, integrity, selflessness, impact, judgement and great communication.
This position is available in our B2C division and will give the candidate the chance to work on a variety of blue-chip companies – including FTSE 250 business and well-known high-street brands.
Every day is different at WPR and the successful candidate will have ample on-the-job training, working alongside some of the UK’s leading communications professionals.
- Servicing a roster of high-profile accounts, supporting account directors and managers to maximise team output and efficiency
- Evaluating results across all clients, producing thorough analysis and reviews
- Liaising with clients, acting as an extension of their team and nurturing a strong, professional relationship built on trust
- Drafting a variety of copy, from press releases to blogs and email copy, as well as copy-checking documents accurately
- Developing relationships with key influencers to secure client coverage
- Selling in client stories to national and regional journalists to deliver hard-hitting campaigns
- Helping to create valuable, relevant and consistent content for clients, which helps to attract and retain a clearly defined audience
- Supporting with the creation of relevant and creative social media content plans
- Assisting with community management across all social platforms – including the scheduling of content, responding to comments and questions, ad building and optimisation
- Understanding the changing media agenda and keeping abreast of the media landscape
- Identifying news hooks and reactive opportunities for all clients
- Supporting on new business pitches, helping with research and providing valuable insight to the team for new campaigns
- Understanding and being active on social media platforms, as well as keeping abreast of industry changes
- Assisting with event organisation and management
- Educated to degree standard (a degree in a humanities subject is preferred, but is not essential)
- Will ideally hold a full, clean driving licence
- Have 3-12 months’ PR or industry-relevant experience
Experience and Knowledge
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to write accurately and creatively for a range of audiences
- First-class verbal communication skills
- Capable of working flexibly, both individually and as part of a wider team
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
Abilities and Skills
- Passion and enthusiasm in abundance, and an understanding of PR, on and offline
- A professional manner to work in an office environment, and also working with clients at all levels
- A positive outlook – playing their part in making WPR a better place to do business with and for
- The ability to get under the skin of our clients’ businesses and industry
- A desire and curiosity to learn, and the drive to deliver meaningful results for all clients
Remuneration and Benefits
- Highly competitive salary
- Enhanced holiday leave
- Flexible working hours
- Flexi hour each month
- 360-degree, twice-yearly appraisals
- Tailored training programme
- Paid study leave
- Healthcare cash plan
- Enhanced pension contributions
- Bonus scheme
- Company loans
- Mental health first aiders
- Employee assistance programme
- GP helpline
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flu jabs
- Impact day
Please send your CV with a covering note to email@example.com.