Graduate Account Executive (Consumer)
WPR is one of the most award-winning PR and social media agencies in the UK right now. Committed to graduate-led recruitment, our MD, Deputy MD, B2B Director and two of our consumer account directors joined the team straight from university, and form a key part of our leadership team today.
We are looking to add another Graduate Account Executive to our highly-recommended, 50-strong team. The successful applicant will join our training programme, and develop a wealth of skills in PR and social media marketing, whilst working on award-winning campaigns.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about PR and/or social media, have outstanding written and verbal communications skills, be highly organised, creative and team players. We are looking for exceptional graduates who can prove themselves to be energetic, dynamic, proactive, resilient, and keen to learn and grow within a fast-paced agency environment.
Our new team member will also reflect our core values: curiosity, passion, positivity, integrity, selflessness, impact, judgement and great communication.
This position is available in our B2C division and will give the candidate the chance to work on a variety of blue-chip companies – including FTSE 250 business and well known high-street brands.
Every day is different at WPR, and the successful candidate will have ample on-the-job training, working alongside some of the UK’s leading communications professionals.
- Servicing a roster of high profile accounts, supporting account directors and managers to maximise team output and efficiency
- Evaluating results across all clients, producing thorough analysis and reviews
- Liaising with clients, acting as an extension of their team and nurturing a strong, professional relationship, built on trust
- Drafting a variety of copy, from press releases to blogs and email copy, as well as copy checking documents accurately
- Developing relationships with key influencers to secure client coverage
- Selling-in client stories to national and regional journalists to deliver hard-hitting campaigns
- Helping to create valuable, relevant and consistent content for clients, which helps to attract and retain a clearly defined audience
- Supporting with the creation of relevant and creative social media content plans
- Assisting with community management across all social platforms – including the scheduling of content, responding to comments and questions, ad building and optimisation
- Understanding the changing media agenda and keeping abreast of the media landscape
- Identifying news hooks and reactive opportunities for all clients
- Supporting on new business pitches, helping with research and providing valuable insight to the team for new campaigns
- Understanding and being active on social media platforms, as well as being abreast of industry changes
- Assisting with event organisation and management
- Educated to degree standard (a degree in a humanities subject is preferred, but is not essential)
- Will ideally hold a full, clean driving licence
Experience and Knowledge
- Have 3-12 months PR or industry relevant experience
Abilities and Skills
The successful applicant will ideally have:-
- Passion and enthusiasm in abundance, and an understanding of PR, on and offline
- A professional manner to work in an office environment, and also working with clients at all levels
- A positive outlook – playing their part in making WPR a better place to do business with and for
- The ability to get under the skin of our clients’ businesses and industry
- A desire and curiosity to learn, and the drive to deliver meaningful results for all clients
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to write accurately and creatively for a range of audiences
- First class verbal communication skills
- Capable of working flexibly, both on own initiative and as part of a wider team
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
Remuneration and Benefits
- Highly competitive salary
- Enhanced holiday leave
- Flexible working hours
- Flexi hour each month
- 360-degree, twice-yearly appraisals
- Tailored training programme
- Paid study leave
- Healthcare cash plan
- Enhanced pension contributions
- Bonus scheme
- Company loans
- Mental health first aiders
- Employee assistance programme
- GP helpline
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flu jabs
- Impact day
For more information on Working at WPR, please click here.
Please send your CV with a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org.