Senior Account Executive/Account Manager (B2B)
We have an opportunity for an Senior Account Executive/Account Manager to join our growing PR team and provide support on a varied portfolio of national B2B brands.
The successful applicant will work within the PR team but will also work closely with our award-winning digital team to help manage and implement integrated campaigns across a range of sectors.
We are looking for someone who is results-driven and who will quickly make a difference on accounts, forging excellent client relationships and getting under the skin of the businesses we represent. The right candidate will be familiar with a variety of trade media and will demonstrate tenacity in building links with journalists. Exceptional copy-writing skills for print media are a must – as is the ability to create engaging and shareable content for social channels.
Due to the nature of the client mix, we are keen to find someone who will bring creative thinking to their day-to-day role, while also showing commercial awareness.
This role is idea for someone who can demonstrate confidence and initiative, and is looking for a challenge with every opportunity for progression and personal development.
- To service a roster of B2B clients, handling all aspects of day-to-day PR
- To liaise with clients, acting as an extension of their team and nurturing a strong, professional relationship, built on trust
- To research and produce well-written, accurate copy suitable for a range of publications and marketing channels
- To sell-in, monitor and evaluate coverage, to meet and brief journalists and to build an impressive address book of contacts
- To negotiate with and brief suppliers
- To provide practical and creative support for the development of new business pitches and client proposals
- To track activity and manage administration tasks for the client list
- To show a willingness to take part in client and WPR activities – from attending networking events to teambuilding and client entertainment
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to write accurate and engaging copy for a range of audiences
- First class verbal communication skills
- The ability to provide clients with a first class service
- Effective media relations skills
- The ability to work flexibly, either under own initiative or as part of a wider team
- Excellent time management, organisational and administrative skills.
- Must be educated to degree standard.
- Will ideally hold a full, clean driving licence
- 12-18 months experience in a public relations role – either agency or inhouse
Abilities and Skills
The successful applicant will ideally have:-
The successful applicant will ideally have the ability to:-
- Handle at least three sizeable accounts, with direction, taking responsibility for day to day client care
- Get under the skin of our clients’ businesses and get to grips with how they work and where we can add value
- Consistently meet deadlines set by clients, media and managers alike
The chosen applicant will also have:-
- A self-driven enthusiasm to deliver results against targets set at the outset of any given PR campaign
- Good telephone skills with the confidence and ability to sell-in stories and secure editorial opportunities for clients
- A desire to learn and take on account manager duties
Please send your CVs with a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org.