Blazing a Trail
David Lloyd Clubs
To support the launch of David Lloyd Clubs’ first standalone boutique exercise studio, BLAZE Birmingham.
More specifically, we had to create awareness and excitement around the new studio with a core millennial audience and drive sign-ups for the unique HIIT full-body workout classes, which combine combat and mixed martial arts with intense cardio and strength training.
- All told, we delivered 23 news articles including Birmingham Live (twice), I Choose Birmingham, Style Birmingham and Birmingham Updates.
- Better still, 71% of online coverage included a backlink to the BLAZE Birmingham website and 32 publishers shared posts on their social channels.
- We also delivered three broadcast visits including Heart, Capital and Birmingham TV, the latter resulting in a three-minute feature.
- 75 influencers talked about the launch on their social feeds, with nine influencers and six journalists testing out the new studio.
- We also saw visits from X Factor winner Joe McElderry and Coronation Street actress Faye Brookes.
- By the end of the campaign, we had reached more than 241,000 users on social.
- On top of that, we grew the organic social following from 0 to just under 1,500 in a matter of weeks, delivering a staggering 8.31% engagement rate across organic social content.