To raise awareness of Drayton Manor Park’s family-friendly offering, and drive footfall to the attraction at the start of the 2019 season.
With Harry and Meghan’s baby due just a few months into the park’s new season, this seemed a PR opportunity too good to miss.
So, once the royal baby’s name was announced, we tapped into the media’s seemingly unquenchable thirst for “here’s how to get a free” stories, offering complimentary tickets, that weekend, to anyone with the moniker, Archie.
- Set a target of one or two national articles, we smashed it, with 11 – including Pretty 52 (now known as Tyla), Metro (twice), The Sun, Mirror, Express, Daily Star and MSN
- Against a goal of 5-10 regional hits, we quadrupled even the stretched targets with 40 regional pieces including Birmingham Live, Nottingham Post, BBC WM and Leicester Mercury
- Highlighting the power of the story among a national audience, when Hot UK Deals covered the giveaway on Facebook, we saw the content receive a staggering 7.5k comments, 1.3k likes and 1k shares
- Better still, 82% of all online articles included a backlink from a high domain authority site
- 121 Archies also attended the park on the Saturday, driving around £6,000 in projected spend