Drayton Manor: V-I-Tree
To create a buzz around Drayton Manor Theme Park at the start of the new season. This meant driving local awareness in key regions across the UK, as well as nationally.
Recognising the need to drive awareness in Drayton Manor’s key catchment areas, we knew we had to devise a consumer campaign that would deliver coverage in towns and cities outside the park’s home town of Tamworth.
We proposed that Drayton Manor disprove the age-old myth that money doesn’t grow on trees – making £5 notes, theme park tickets, hotel stays and zoo keeper passes magically ‘sprout’ from the branches of trees across the UK.
This would give us shareable video content for national media, as well as providing critical local stories for regional media.
- V-I-Tree quickly delivered three national articles, including the Express, Daily Star and MSN
- Crucially, national coverage was supplemented with 19 regional articles in the areas that mattered most, including the Birmingham Mail, Nottingham Post and Liverpool Echo
- Better still:
- 100% of articles incorporated new season messaging
- 61% of articles included a backlink
- 78% of coverage was shared on the media’s social channels, generating 2,994 engagements