WPR Strikes Gold at PRide Awards
The WPR team celebrated in style on Friday night with an incredible nine gold and two silver award wins at the CIPR PRide Awards 2023.
Taking home gold awards in categories as varied as corporate and business communications, not-for-profit, and best use of media relations, the judges consistently praised WPR’s clarity of approach, creativity, and focus on delivering tangible results.
Special congratulations go to Nicole Daybell, senior PR and content manager, who was named outstanding young communicator. This highly respected accolade, previously awarded to WPR colleagues including Jade Mansell and Jane Ainsworth, makes Nicole the first ever winner of both the PRCA and CIPR young communicator awards – a huge achievement.
Jane Ainsworth, managing director, said: “Birmingham, and the wider Midlands region, is such a vibrant creative hub. So, getting together with industry colleagues to celebrate the brilliant work going on in our area is always a pleasure.
“Our mission is to deliver work that delights and impresses our clients – and we’re fortunate to work with some brilliant brands. When campaigns are also recognised by our industry peers in this way, it really is the icing on the cake.”
In full, WPR won:
- Gold Corporate and Business Communications – REHAU In the Frame
- Gold Consumer Relations – Care UK Fulfilling Lives
- Gold Not-for-Profit – Lloyd’s Register Foundation World Risk Poll
- Silver Healthcare and Wellbeing – Care UK Fulfilling Lives
- Gold Integrated Campaign – REHAU In the Frame
- Gold Construction, Property or Infrastructure – ACO Highways Drainage
- Gold Best Use of Media Relations – Care UK Fulfilling Lives
- Gold Best Channel Delivery – Alton Towers Britain’s Greatest Escape
- Gold Best Long Term Campaign – Care UK Fulfilling Lives
- Gold Outstanding Young Communicator of the Year – Nicole Daybell
- Silver PR Consultancy of the Year – WPR
The CIPR’s PRide Awards are the industry body’s leading regional awards, designed to recognise the very best work delivered by in-house, agency and independent PR professionals around the UK. Earlier this year, WPR won an impressive eight awards at the PRCA Dare Awards 2023.