Lloyd’s Register: The Food Safety Report
To position Lloyd’s Register’s act as a ‘thought leader’ on issues surrounding the UK food supply chain.
More specifically, WPR was tasked with generating regular news and feature coverage in the food manufacturing press, demonstrating the company’s capabilities within the sector.
We recognised that consumer research would provide the real value-add for the businesses Lloyd’s was seeking to attract. So, we surveyed 1,000 UK consumers on their food habits and expectations, with findings played back into a B2B environment, through a short report looking at the challenges facing the UK food industry, and advice on how they can best be overcome.
The report was publicised through a variety of online and traditional tactics, including media relations, with a video infographic produced to amplify social content. In addition, we reacted quickly to any negative food supply chain stories, soon becoming the dominant voice on the subject in the trade press.
- The report soon led to:
- 1 national radio interview for Lloyd’s global head of commercial, Stuart Kelly
- 64 pieces of national and trade coverage, with all comments by-lined to Stuart
- A 58% backlink rate on online coverage
- All told, we delivered:
- 2,000 video views
- 190 report downloads – 50% of those who downloaded the report went on to subscribe to the LR mailing list
- Multiple high-quality leads from food processing and supply chain businesses, as well as standard owners, pet food companies, local governments and universities