Beaverbrooks: Little Things
To promote Beaverbrooks as the authority on diamonds, and increase awareness of the brand amongst a millennial audience.
Specifically, whatever campaign we devised had to mention engagement rings and bring to life a ‘little things’ above-the-line campaign proposition.
We needed an angle on ‘engagement rings’ that had not been looked at before. In our view, this lay not in establishing what made a proposal special (which had been done to death), rather in what stood to ruin the moment.
Not only would this generate column inches, it would enable us to stress it was the ‘little things’ which made a proposal memorable.
So, we commissioned a national survey to reveal the number of women who have been secretly disappointed with an OTT moment, and used the findings to launch a nationwide search for partners hoping to pop the question, but not quite sure how.
- Within hours of the campaign going live, we had generated 12 national hits– including MailOnline, Express Online, Daily Mirror, Daily Mail, Daily Star and Daily Record
- That excludes the nine pieces of coverage we also landed in national wedding titles – including hitched.co.uk and Bride
- On top of that, we secured 87 pieces of regional coverage nationwide
- Better still, 53% of online coverage included a backlink from high domain authority news sites
- As a result of all of the above, along with a social media campaign, 166 partners entered our competition – with us making a dream come true for one lucky man, whose partner loved the Marvel film franchise.
- With our assistance, he popped the question dressed as Iron Man, posing as a street performer on one of Glasgow’s busiest streets