Warwick Castle: A Magical Launch
To launch Merlin: The Dragon Tower at Warwick Castle. This signalled the start of a new online pricing and ticket sales structure, which was a major step change for the world-famous, historical attraction.
We initiated a multi-layered campaign involving stunt activity, influencer marketing and video content to target thrill-seeking families and myth enthusiasts. At the heart of the campaign was a drive to recruit the world’s first ‘dragonologist’ via monster.com, mass issue of potent dragon’s breath, and well-timed celebrity appearances.
- All told, the activity generated 167 pieces of coverage, including 16 national, 16 broadcast and 79 regional
- We also secured earned social shares from the likes of Warwick Davies, The One Show, Gail Porter, Anthony Stewart Head and Newsround
- Our launch video was hosted on 30 sites nationally and internationally, including Lonely Planet, National Geographic, Hello!, Daily Star and The Independent
- By the end of our campaign, unique visitors to warwickcastle.com were up 79.22% and online ticket sales up 44% on the same period the previous year
- Ticket sales for Merlin: The Dragon Tower were also 43% above target
- CIPR PRIDE Awards
- Consumer Relations Campaign (silver)
- Fresh Awards
- Freshest Consumer Campaign (gold)