A Magical Launch
167 pieces of coverage
To launch Merlin: The Dragon Tower at Warwick Castle. This was the first attraction in the world to be based on the BBC hit show and also signalled the start of a new online pricing and ticket sales structure, which was a major step change for the world-famous, historical attraction.
We initiated a multi-layered campaign involving stunt activity, influencer marketing and video content to target thrill-seeking families and myth enthusiasts. At the heart of the campaign was a drive to recruit the world’s first ‘dragonologist’ via monster.com, mass issue of potent dragon’s breath, and well-timed celebrity appearances.
- All told, the activity generated 167 pieces of coverage, including 16 national, 16 broadcast and 79 regional
- We also secured earned social shares from the likes of Warwick Davis, The One Show, Gail Porter, Anthony Head and Newsround
- Our launch video was hosted on 30 sites nationally and internationally, including Lonely Planet, National Geographic, Hello!, Daily Star and The Independent
- By the end of our campaign, unique visitors to warwickcastle.com were up 79.22% and online ticket sales up 44% on the same period the previous year
- Ticket sales for Merlin: The Dragon Tower were also 43% above target
167pieces of coverage
CIPR PRIDE Consumer Relations Campaign (silver)
Fresh Awards Freshest Consumer Campaign (gold)