Let's Talk About Dementia
130 pieces of coverage
252% increase in web traffic
To raise awareness of Care UK as dementia experts.
Specifically, we were asked to support the launch of Care UK’s latest educational guide Let’s Talk About Dementia – and highlight the regional support available across more than 90 care homes.
Despite increased awareness of the condition, dementia remains misunderstood by the general public, which is why it was crucial to put Care UK’s latest guide in front of as large an audience as possible.
First, we surveyed the British public to discover what they believed to be signs of dementia, identifying symptoms that may go unnoticed and allowing us to highlight potential knowledge gaps.
Then, we shared the results of our survey with the national media and partnered with national treasure Angela Rippon to host a broadcast day. Angela’s personal experience, combined with Care UK’s expertise, brought an important element of relatability to the campaign, all while spreading the message to download the guide far and wide. Finally, we issued tailored regional press releases to support 92 care homes nationwide, promoting the guide and positioning the homes as dementia care experts in their local area.
The campaign resulted in:
- 2,750 downloads of the guide (1,096 on launch week alone)
- 252% increase in traffic on Care UK’s ‘Help and Advice’ webpage on launch week
- 11 national hits including the Sun and Daily Express
- 29 broadcast interviews, including Times Radio
- 130 pieces of coverage in total (67% featuring a backlink or home contact details)