National Trust: The Big Spring Clean
To grow support for the National Trust’s cause, by building understanding, and making the organisation relevant to its target markets across the Midlands. More specifically, we were asked to highlight one of the Trust’s key messages, “looking after what we’ve got”.
Above all, the client wanted to see broadcast coverage, as well as regional online and print exposure.
With the days starting to grow longer and warmer, March traditionally marks the start of spring-cleaning season in the UK, which provided us with an important campaign news hook.
Topicality in mind, we approached National Trust properties to source the most interesting ways they carry out their cleaning work. Crucially, we made the stories relevant to both journalists and the public by comparing the spring clean in the average home to the task properties in their region face: tackling hundreds of rooms, miles of corridors and centuries-old gutters.
- We secured three pieces of broadcast coverage, resulting in:
- A five-minute interview with BBC Radio West Midlands, interviewing three spokespeople
- Two hits on ITV Central, on both the 6.30pm and 10pm news
- We also secured 21 pieces of coverage, including social shares from key regional media
- 100% of coverage referenced the National Trust’s key message of “looking after what we’ve got”