Robert Welch: The Age You Upgrade
To deliver a PR campaign which would increase brand awareness amongst a core 40 plus, affluent market. Coverage in mainstream media was key, as was driving backlinks from high domain authority news sites.
A combination of desktop and consumer research quickly highlighted an angle that Robert Welch could own – defining the exact age we transition from kitchens stocked with budget brands, to tables topped with premium products.
Recognising that, for most, this happens in our forties, we set out to determine the other 49 signs you have hit middle age. We commissioned national research to unearth these traits, hosting the findings on a campaign hub, and driving traffic through a competition mechanic. An influencer was also sourced, to amplify the key marketing messages.
- Briefed to secure three national media mentions, we tripled that with ten hits including the Independent, Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Metro and Sun
- Asked to deliver backlinks across 30% of coverage, we drove links from 55% of online stories
- Asked to find the right influencer to amplify the campaign online, we established a partnership with fashion, beauty and travel blogger, @doesmybumlook40, who has a following of over 100,000. A post on Instagram, combined with an Instagram story (with link in bio) drove over 2,000 clicks to site
- Challenged to devise a campaign with talkability, we proved we had done just that, securing a story discussion on The Jonathan Ross Show, no less
- All told, over 5,500 people entered the campaign competition to win £500 of Robert Welch products