Dunelm: The Home of Homes
To deliver not just likes and engagement on social for Dunelm, but revenue and tangible business results instead.
We implemented a test and learn strategy, testing different ad spends and product categories to determine both an optimum brand, and direct response, spend limit.
We also trialled different ad formats (such as Facebook collection ads and Pinterest Rich Pins), and running Facebook and Instagram ads simultaneously, as well as testing the volume of posting, and the best days to post.
All activity was measured on return on ad spend (ROAS).
- We quickly learned that:
- Key product launches, sale and furniture activity delivered the highest ROAS
- Seasonal activity (e.g. Mother’s Day and Pancake Day) drove a smaller ROAS, thus requiring a smaller ad spend
- Facebook collection ads drove the highest CVR and ROAS
- Pinterest traffic driving ad formats drove higher CTR and CVR
- Running Facebook and Instagram ads separately delivered a higher ROAS than running ads simultaneously
- By reducing posts to three to four times a week across key revenue days, we quickly increased revenue by 275%
- All told, by the end of the test and learn campaign, we had increased revenue from social by over 40% and ensured it was a key ecommerce driver for the business