Oxfam: Sourced by Oxfam
To raise awareness of Oxfam’s 2017 Christmas range, ‘Sourced by Oxfam’.
In particular, we were challenged to generate coverage in key national and consumer media – focusing on quality titles and generating backlinks from high domain authority sites. Above all, coverage had to tell Oxfam’s story, and draw out the ‘Sourced By’ product messaging – ethical, sustainable products which help end poverty worldwide.
To maximise budget, we recommended one day of desk visits with key national, consumer and lifestyle media titles.
This would be supplemented by pro-active and reactive press office support, with a tiered media approach to target quality titles only.
- In one day, we secured nine journalist appointments including Good Housekeeping, Woman&Home, 25 Beautiful Homes, Daily Express, OK!, Prima, House Beautiful, Ideal Home and Press Association
- These briefings, along with telephone and email press office support, generated 20 pieces of Christmas coverage including Stylist, Marie Claire, Good Housekeeping, woman&home, Prima, MailOnline, Mirror Online, The Sunday Telegraph, Metro, Country Living and House Beautiful
- On top of that, we also secured TV coverage on a ‘This Morning’ Christmas special
- 86% of coverage was in tier one media.
- 75% of online coverage included a clickable backlink from a high DA site.
- 67% of product placement coverage contained background information on Oxfam’s story and how profits help people living in poverty all over the