All Bar One: Brunching With All Bar One
To devise an integrated communications strategy that would convey all five of All Bar One’s key messages – health, all-day food and drink, sharing, customisation and coffee – and connect the brand with a millennial market.
We ran a social listening piece to establish the relevant food-related topics that most enthused millennials. With more than 167,000 #brunching and 6,000 #brunchie posts on Instagram alone, and the number of people searching for brunch-related terms on Google soaring from 2015, we persuaded the client to change the name of their breakfast menu. ‘Brunching’ at All Bar One was born.
- Our #brunchie email was the most successful in the brand’s history
- On Facebook, a carousel ad to launch the new menu saw a cost-per-click of just £0.27 (vs an industry average of £0.40)
- Our #brunchie campaign competition generated an exceptional cost-per-engagement of £0.06 on Instagram
- Away from owned channels, 30 bloggers and 15 Instagrammers reviewed the new menu, with a reach of 1,339,518 and engagement levels of up to 9%
- Finally, our petition for a brunch emoji was supported and endorsed by Marie Claire
- Crucially, by the end of the campaign, sales of ‘breakfast’ at All Bar One had increased by 28%