Beaverbrooks: Reopening Retail
To deliver national coverage for Beaverbrooks ahead of the reopening of its 70 stores, following the global Covid-19 lockdown.
The client’s number one priority was to keep its people and customers safe, and give them the confidence to shop safely, while still enjoying the Beaverbrooks experience. WPR was briefed to reassure shoppers by communicating the measures that had been put in place, use Beaverbrooks as an example of best practice to other retailers and finally to illustrate the people-focused attitude of the company, which has been family-owned since its inception over 100 years ago.
We knew we had to be first-out when it came to announcing the various safety measures.
Beaverbrooks themselves wanted to be a leader, not a follower, in the retail space and was prepared to unveil its plans well ahead of the curve, giving us the perfect opportunity to own the conversation around the safe reopening of stores, as Britain prepared for life under the “new normal”.
- We delivered double-digit coverage in a matter of weeks, more than dominating share of voice in the retail sphere
- TV coverage included a feature on The One Show, where Beaverbrooks and Marks & Spencer shared their reopening plans, and a live interview with managing director Anna Blackburn on BBC News – moments before a daily government briefing
- Radio interviews with Anna included BBC Radio 4’s Today Programme, Breakfast on BBC Radio 5 Live, and BBC WM
- National online / print coverage spanned:
- All this was supplemented with significant levels of regional coverage and blanket trade coverage