Sekonda: Hand Catwalk
To create broad awareness for Sekonda’s fashion-led sister brand, Seksy, and drive online sales of its new ‘Edge®’ watch collection.
Above all, the campaign had to drive backlinks to the Seksy website, putting the Edge® collection at the heart of the story.
With no clear news hook, we knew we had to create something that would make the product truly stand out from the crowd. So, in honour of the brand’s fashion-forward ethos, we created the world’s first-ever Hand Catwalk, complete with professional hand models sashaying down a miniature runway wearing the new Edge® watches.
To drive backlinks, we used the video to launch a nationwide search for Britain’s Next Top Hand Model, who would get paid to wear the new collection and report back on their fashion experience.
- Within days of launching our Hand Catwalk we had secured 12 national media hits, including the front page of The Daily Telegraph’s business section, The Sun, Daily Express, Daily Star and Metro
- The campaign also featured on Channel 4’s The Last Leg, where the presenters created their own hand catwalk in the studio and strutted their hands down the runway alongside Noel Fielding and Stacey Dooley
- A further 181 regional hits were secured for the nationwide call out
- More than 100 budding hand models applied for the new role
- Crucially, the campaign delivered a 100% backlink rate from high domain authority sites
- CIPR Midlands PRide Awards
- Gold Best Use of Content