Endsleigh Insurance: Adulting
To generate broad awareness of Endsleigh’s student offering among a key student audience.
The campaign had to create cut-through with national and ‘millennial’ media, incorporate product messages (contents insurance), drive traffic to site and position Endsleigh as the country’s leading student insurance provider.
English speakers love to turn nouns into verbs. There was rain before it rained. There was Google before we googled. And there were adults before we adulted.
With ‘adulting’ one of the fastest growing hashtags used on social, and particularly popular amongst a millennial audience, we commissioned a national survey to reveal the 50 signs that you’ve officially ‘adulted’. We then used the results to launch a nationwide competition for students to win a year’s worth of free rent, up to £10,000.
- Within hours of releasing the results of our adulting survey, we had secured 12 pieces of national coverage including our bullseye media – UNILAD
- The story was also shared by the Mirror Online, Daily Mirror, Express Online, Daily Express, The Sun, Metro, MSN and Yahoo! Finance, prompting Janet Street-Porter to discuss our findings on that day’s Loose Women
- The national coverage was supplemented with more than 25 regional hits
- 100% of all coverage, national and regional, included contents insurance as a key message
- Furthermore, 37.5% of online coverage included a backlink, including UNILAD and Independent
- Our integrated campaign drove more than 2,000 competition entries within days of launching