Endsleigh Insurance: Riskiest Places to Travel
To generate broad awareness of Endsleigh’s travel insurance products amongst a core millennial audience.
In order to reach the target market, the campaign had to be ‘social first’ – generating social shares from top media titles and viral sharing sites. It also had to drive backlinks, and position Endsleigh as the go-to travel insurance provider for young professionals with wanderlust.
We knew that if we wanted social coverage, our story had to be social first, and packaged to be so. We needed a headline grabbing property that our target media knew would leave their audience wanting more, and would drive clicks to site.
A quick look at the client’s claims data and we had just the thing – identifying the riskiest places to travel in the world. It was a publisher’s clickbait dream, it positioned Endsleigh as the insurance provider in the know, and reinforced the need for adequate cover before jetting off to places new.
- Challenged to secure coverage in the top millennial media, we hit gold with mentions on LADbible, Cosmo, Joe, Her, MSN and Red
- All of the publishers shared the content on their social channels too, with clickbait type headlines including “Have you been”, “They’re probably all on your bucket list” and “Bet you’ve visited most of them”
- Wider coverage included The Sun, Mirror, Express, Daily Star and Prima – again all with social mentions
- With regional coverage following soon thereafter, we quickly delivered 168 press hits for “Riskiest Places to Travel”, with nearly as many social shares
- Better still, 57% of online coverage included a backlink, driving traffic to site and helping SEO efforts too