Endsleigh Insurance: Riskiest Places to Travel
To generate broad awareness of Endsleigh’s travel insurance products among a core millennial audience.
In order to reach the target market, the campaign had to be ‘social-first’ – generating social shares from top media titles and viral sharing sites. It also had to drive backlinks and position Endsleigh as the go-to travel insurance provider for young professionals with wanderlust.
We knew that if we wanted social coverage, our story had to be social-first, and packaged to be so. We needed a headline-grabbing property that our target media knew would leave their audience wanting more and would drive clicks to site.
A quick look at the client’s claims data and we had just the thing: identifying the riskiest places to travel in the world. It was a publisher’s clickbait dream, positioning Endsleigh as the insurance provider in the know and reinforcing the need for adequate cover before jetting off to places new.
- Challenged to secure coverage in the top millennial media, we hit gold with mentions on LADbible, Cosmo, Joe, Her, MSN and Red
- All of the publishers shared the content on their social channels too, with clickbait-type headlines including “Have you been”, “They’re probably all on your bucket list” and “Bet you’ve visited most of them”
- Wider coverage included The Sun, The Mirror, Daily Express, Daily Star and Prima – again all with social mentions
- With regional coverage following soon thereafter, we quickly delivered 168 press hits for ‘Riskiest Places to Travel’, with nearly as many social shares
- Better still, 57% of online coverage included a backlink, driving traffic to site and helping SEO efforts too