Endsleigh: Spoiler Cover
To generate widespread awareness of Endsleigh’s broad range of insurance products among a millennial audience.
More specifically, the campaign had to be ‘social-first’, generating shares from the country’s viral-sharing juggernauts. As a digital PR campaign, it also had to deliver multiple backlinks from high domain authority websites.
With more than a billion people expected to tune into the hotly anticipated Game of Thrones grand finale, we recognised a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a brand to protect the public against plot leaks – one of the worst things fans of the show could ever experience.
‘Spoiler Cover’ by Endsleigh Insurance Services would allow fans to claim financial compensation of £100 for plotlines ruined by friends, family and social media. Claimants would also receive a consolatory NOW TV pass to help soften the brutal blow.
- Against a target of two national news hits, we secured 14, including viral-sharing giants VT, LADbible and UNILAD, as well as Metro, The Sun, Daily Express, Daily Star and The Mirror
- Challenged to secure five pieces of regional coverage, we tripled that with 18 hits, ranging from Scotland to Sussex
- Asked to deliver five social shares, we smashed it with 34 social shares from titles including VT, LADbible, UNILAD and more
- So great was the online buzz, the stunt soon went global, with pick-up in the New York Post, on CNN plus Yahoo in both Australia and Greece
- Crucially, the campaign also delivered a 55% backlink rate from high domain authority news sites
- Organic Google searches for Endsleigh Insurance increased by 700% during the campaign period