Endsleigh: Spoiler Cover
To generate widespread awareness of Endsleigh’s broad range of insurance products among a millennial audience.
More specifically, the campaign had to be ‘social first’ – generating shares from the country’s viral sharing juggernauts. As a digital PR campaign, it also had to deliver multiple backlinks from high domain authority websites.
With more than a billion people expected to tune into the hotly anticipated Game of Thrones grand finale, we recognised a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a brand to protect the public against plot leaks – one of the worst things fans of the show could ever experience.
‘Spoiler Cover’ by Endsleigh Insurance Services would allow fans to claim financial compensation of £100 for plotlines ruined by friends, family and social media. Claimants would also receive a consolatory NOW TV pass to help soften the brutal blow.
- Against a target of two national news hits, we secured 14, including the viral sharing giants VT, LADbible and UNILAD, as well as Metro, the Sun, Express, Daily Star and Mirror.
- Challenged to secure five pieces of regional coverage, we tripled that with 18 hits, from Scotland to Sussex.
- Asked to deliver five social shares, we smashed it with 34 social shares from titles including VT, LADbible, UNILAD and more.
- So great was the online buzz, the stunt soon went global with pick-up in the New York Post, on CNN plus Yahoo in both Australia and Greece.
- Crucially, the campaign also delivered a 55% backlink rate from high domain authority news sites.
- Organic Google searches for Endsleigh Insurance increased by 700% during the campaign period.