FANUC: Increasing Virtual Visitors
To drive visitors to FANUC’s ROBOSHOT Technology Day – a virtual tour of the world-leading automation manufacturer’s headquarters, including a showcase of its wide range of moulding machines
Events are a lynchpin of FANUC’s activities but the calendar had been obliterated by the global Covid-19 pandemic. Afraid to cease activity altogether, the business was keen to try virtual options but knew routes to reach its target market were highly limited.
Knowing that national lockdowns had contributed to a huge growth in LinkedIn across the globe – with conversations on the platform up 48% – we recognised an opportunity for FANUC to trial LinkedIn Events.
Designed to help users create and join professional gatherings, this functionality offers features such as the ability to create private events, send update notifications, search via filters to find the right attendees and engage with the platform’s 645 million global members.
- Without any ad spend whatsoever:
- 158 people hit the ROBOSHOT Event “attending” button
- 138 more signed up to event emails
- 73 opted in to receive more information from FANUC
- 285 people ultimately attended the November event, with LinkedIn the greatest lead generator by far, aided by the sales and products teams who were able to invite their own connections directly from the Event post
- LinkedIn Events are set to become a regular feature in FANUC’s busy events calendar