Hungry Horse: Cows in Quilts
To make a noise around the Hungry Horse brand name at Christmas – over what was likely to be a very tough trading period for the casual dining sector.
The team wanted a low-cost campaign that saw Hungry Horse, ‘festive menu’ and Christmas mentioned in the same breath. It had to reach the brand’s audience on the channels where they were most active, and do so at scale.
We immediately recognised a need to devise a campaign that was ‘social first’ – designed to hit publishers’ social feeds, over and above other online coverage.
We pored through content shared by the likes of UNILAD and Pretty52 to identify themes that would sit at the sweet-spot between our audience’s interests and the brand’s USPs.
All the evidence supported our gut instinct – we had to come up with a menu addition that would make its mark. This soon led us to ‘Cows in Quilts’; mini burgers wrapped in bacon, these were the ultimate festive enhancement to the nation’s much-loved pigs in blankets.
- Within a matter of hours, three viral news sites had shared our branded content on their social channels, including UNILAD, LADBible and Pretty52
- Hours later, and we had delivered nine additional national hits across high-profile titles including The Sun, MSN and Fabulous
- Against a target of 50-60 regional articles, we soon delivered an exceptional 95
- Over half of all publishers shared the content on their social channels, leading to a staggering 157,000 organic video views and 3,200 campaign engagements
- Across the board, coverage was key message-rich, with multiple brand mentions, images, videos, backlinks, quotes, and details of the festive menu (100% included brand mention, 74% the video, and 91% details of the festive fayre)
- CIPR Midlands PRide Awards
- Silver Low Budget Campaign