Hungry Horse: All That Glitters
To generate national and regional coverage featuring dishes from the Hungry Horse festive menu ahead of Christmas, raising awareness of the brand, and the portion sizes it is famous for through a targeted consumer campaign.
We knew that if we were to hit steep coverage targets, we had to tap into a burgeoning food trend, and come up with a menu addition that would stand out from the crowd.
And so, we devised and delivered the UK’s first ever ‘glitter gravy’, giving guests at one Hungry Horse the chance to add ‘a touch of sparkle’ to their festive fayre.
- Within hours of releasing our UGC-style video and images, glitter gravy at Hungry Horse was on 20 national/viral news sites, including Metro Online, The Sun Online, BBC News, The Independent Online, UniLad, VT, Pretty 52, OK!, Fabulous, Yahoo, AOL, MSN News and Mashable UK, as well as 297 regional titles across the UK
- Nearly all national titles shared the story on their social channels, including the branded video and links back to the Hungry Horse brand page and/or website
- This social coverage resulted in 506,000 engagements, 207,000 shares and 45million organic video views
- Following the noise in the UK, the video was soon picked up by broadcast media around the world, featuring on NBC News and the Today Show in the US, SBS in Australia – and even appearing on ITV’s Loose Women
- Across the board, coverage was key message-rich, with multiple brand mentions, images, videos, backlinks, quotes, and details of the festive menu (95% included brand mention, 91% the video, and 94% details of the festive menu)
- PRCA Dare Awards
- Event, Launch or Stunt of the Year Award
- Media Relations Award
- Low Budget Award
- CIPR Midlands PRide Awards
- Best Use of Media Relations (gold)
- Best Use of Content (gold)
- Consumer Relations Campaign (gold)
- Low Budget Campaign (gold)
- Restaurant Marketer & Innovation Awards
- Best Use of Video (highly commended)