Christmas in July
To raise awareness of the 2018 ‘Sourced by Oxfam’ Christmas gift and decoration range through a retail PR campaign, which would generate positive coverage in key national and consumer media, focusing on quality titles shown to most resonate with the Oxfam consumer.
In addition to telling Oxfam’s story, we also had to generate backlinks from high domain authority (DA) sites.
To maximise journalist contact, we attended the Christmas in July Festival. This was supported by proactive and reactive press office activity, underpinned with a tiered media approach, ensuring we only targeted quality titles.
- We met more than 100 journalists at the Christmas in July festival
- This, coupled with press office activity, resulted in 49 pieces of Christmas coverage including Stylist (three times) Metro (five times), The Sun (six times) The Independent (three times), Daily Mail, Daily Express, Telegraph, Glamour, Prima (twice) and This Morning
- 90% of coverage was in tier one media
- 77% of online coverage included a clickable backlink from a high DA site
- As a result of all this activity, sales of Sourced by Oxfam products rose by 38% online, and 11% in stores, during the campaign period