Really Wild Stays
West Midland Safari Park
45 Influencer day visits
215 pieces of coverage
To drive positive awareness of West Midland Safari Park with a focus on the park’s core family audience.
Specifically, we were tasked with invigorating the park’s influencer marketing activity in two key ways:
- By delivering a steady stream of content creator reviews for day visits to the park, concentrating on key seasonal events and activities
- By securing high profile influencer and celebrity visits to the park’s premium Safari Lodges, which offer an immersive overnight wildlife experience
We began by instigating a vetting process assessing the suitability of influencers for a day visit based on follower size, engagement rate, audience profile and type of content produced.
Successful creators were issued with gifted tickets in exchange for an open and honest review on their social media channels. Then we provided an influencer brief, giving creators a handy reference with full details about their visit, guidance on key content opportunities, and the all-important hashtag and handle information.
Next, we launched a proactive outreach programme for Safari Lodges, targeting celebrity and high-profile influencers to secure gifted visits. To ensure the most impactful partners were identified, we used a similar set of benchmarking criteria to find relevant, authentic influencers.
Within the first six months of working with West Midland Safari Park, we had secured:
- 45 influencer day visits
- 215 pieces of coverage
- 5.47% average engagement rate
- Eight celebrity visits for Safari Lodges including TV personalities Jac Jossa, Jennifer Metcalfe, Kelvin Fletcher and Louise Thompson, and music stars such as Becky Hill and George Shelley
- Jac Jossa’s posts alone generated a 127% uplift in profile visits to the West Midland Safari Park Instagram page, with more than 11,000 new visitors and 2,000 new page followers in 24 hours
- Jennifer Metcalfe’s post received over 10,500 likes and 178,000 views on her Reel, with subsequent coverage appearing on the likes of Mail Online
- Louise Thompson’s post received over 12,200 likes and achieved coverage in The Sun, OK! and Mail Online
5.47%average engagement rate