The Fry Family Food Co: Easy Swaps
To build advocacy for The Fry Family Food Co. outside its highly engaged vegan community.
Briefed to increase brand awareness and grow market share by targeting flexitarians and meat eaters, the goal was to encourage families, in particular parents of children under 18, to make an ‘easy swap’ to a vegan alternative at least once a week.
We developed an integrated PR and paid media campaign, designed to capture our audience at every touchpoint.
On the PR front, we challenged devout meat eaters to sample plant-based alternatives of their favourite meat dishes, with video content revealing surprise at the quality of the meals. Made in Chelsea’s Lucy Watson helped to spread the message further.
This was underpinned by research revealing how many Brits had reduced meat intake to align with a family member.
Alongside our earned media activity, we developed a strategic paid media plan that headlined with a family-focused TV ad. We adapted the video assets for use across other paid media channels, including rich media, paid social and display.
- The PR campaign secured 14 national articles, including Mail Online, The Sun, The Mirror, The Independent, Daily Star, Metro and The Express.
- We also delivered coverage across 15 vegan/vegetarian titles and 27 regional newspapers.
- Importantly, 72% of online coverage included a backlink from a high domain authority site and 94% of coverage contained the key message ‘easy swaps with Fry’s’.
- The influencer partnership reached more than 2.9 million people, with Lucy Watson’s Fry’s post becoming the best performing on her Instagram feed for two months (achieving 29,500 likes vs an average of 8,600).
- Paid media delivered more than four million impressions, 570,000 completed video views and 30,000 clicks through to the recipe landing page.
- Crucially, the campaign delivered a staggering 20% increase in brand awareness for Fry’s.