Baxi: Baxi Taxi
To raise awareness of Baxi boilers and heating.
Specifically, we were tasked with delivering a consumer PR campaign that would keep the brand front of mind for consumers and also engage with installers – showing what we were doing to increase brand visibility among their potential customer base.
Baxi’s range of high-efficiency boilers are designed to keep customers’ homes warm and cosy. Invading someone’s house for a PR stunt seemed somewhat off limits, but improving their journey home was a distinct possibility.
So, we created the ultimate cosy cab – decked out like a country log cabin with crushed velvet seats and curtains, faux-fur throws, sheepskin rugs, a stag’s head and even a roaring fireplace.
The Baxi Taxi was first launched to commuters in London before going on a regional tour of the UK.
- We captured passengers’ surprise and delight on video, helping to deliver 11 pieces of national coverage including viral sharing juggernaut UNILAD as well as Metro (twice), The Sun Online, The Mirror Online, The Independent, i News, MSN and Yahoo!
- Six national titles also gave the story a social share.
- The regional tour generated a further 19 press hits, with 16 social mentions from publishers.
- The campaign key message, “Baxi, the boiler and heating experts”, was included in 88% of articles.
- Better still, we secured high domain authority backlinks from 21% of articles.
- Our launch video also reached more than 348,000 people and was viewed over 136,000 times on Facebook.