Hungry Horse: More Merry for Your Money
To help drive business throughout Christmas for Hungry Horse – a key trading period for the brand.
More specifically, we were tasked with devising and delivering a campaign that would encourage repeat visits, attract a new audience and re-engage with lapsed guests. Whatever activity we proposed also had to build on the “More for Your Money” messaging, which the brand had launched in summer 2018.
We commissioned a benchmarking report from Facebook which showed how the key competition was spending its money on the platform and where the opportunities lay for Hungry Horse.
On the back of the findings, we devised a video-first campaign that was both relatable to the audience (presenting them with creatives they were shown to have engaged with) and compelling enough to stand out on cluttered newsfeeds, using a broad mix of advertising formats (most not widely used by the competition).
Under the banner theme of ‘More Merry for Your Money’, we ensured every element of the campaign was timed to land at key booking times, informed by insights from previous years.
- Briefed to secure 576,700 impressions across social, we delivered 1,523,938 – 164% above target.
- Challenged to reach 123 people for every £1 spent on media, we hit 131 – 7% above the KPI.
- Asked to deliver 18,000 clicks to site, 10,000 of which needed to be unique, we achieved 25,017, nearly 15,000 of them unique – 48% above target.
- As a direct result of all of the above, Christmas bookings at Hungry Horse came in at 150% above target.
- CIPR Midlands PRide Awards
- Gold Best Use of Digital
- Gold Best Use of Social Media